RAJASTHAN GRANT IN AID TO TEMPLES AND OTHER RELIGIOUS AND CHARITABLE INSTITUTION RULES,2010
: Whereas it is expedient to have unified rules for cash grant-in-aid
to temples and other Religious and Charitable institutions in and outside
Rajasthan State, the following Rules are framed :-
: These rules will be called
"Rajasthan grant-in-aid to temples and other Religious and Charitable
Institution Rules, 2010".
: These rules will apply to all cash
grant-in-aid given by the Devasthan Department of the State to temples and
other Religious & Charitable Institutions in and outside Rajasthan.
: These rules will come into effect from the date of their publications
in the Government Gazette.
: In these rules, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject on
ii) Religious Institution is an institution where prayers are offered, scriptures are related and discourses on religious take place soon as maths, Gurudwaras, Churhes or Mosques etc.
iii) Charitable institution is an institution where aims are given in cash or kind to needy and deserving person, such as Anathasaram, Leper Asylum, Homes for poor and destitute etc.
iv) Recurring Grant-in-aid means a fixed grant-in-aid given periodically.
v) Non-recurring grant-in-aid means a grant-in-aid given in lump sum for any specific purpose at a time such as, special repairs caused by natural calamities i.e. Fire, lightning, earthquake, heavy rains etc. and for any other valid reasons.
vi) Hereditary grant-in-aid
means a cash grant-in-aid sanctioned in the name of the deity and which goes
from father to offspring.
OF GRANT-IN-AID : The grant-in-aid will be either recurring or
non-recurring for hereditary as defined in Rules No. 5.
a) All new cases of grant-in-aid of recurring nature or of hereditary grant-in-aid exceeding Rs. 1000/- per annum shall require the sanction of the Government.
b) The Commissioner and the Regional Assistant Commissioner are delegated the following powers to sanction annual renewal of payment of recurring grants-in-aid at the existing rates, subject to the approval of the provisions in the annual budget upto the following limits :
i) Commissioner up to Rs. 10,000/- per annum in each case.
ii) Regional Assistant
Commissioner upto Rs. 2,000/- per annum in each case.
that the existing recipient has been duly recognized under an order of the
Government under clause (D).
c) Non recurring
grant-in-aid will be sanctioned
only to temples and institutions
which are registered
as Public Trust under the
provisions of Rajasthan Public Trust
Act, 1959 by a committee constituted by the
State Government . The said
committee shall meet at least once in each
financial year and consider
the non-recurring grant-in-aid
cases received by the Commissioner on or
before 30 June of that particular financial year. The
grant-in-aid sanctioned under this sub rule
will be paid to grantee in two or
three installments along
with other terms and conditions as decided by the State Government.
d) If the present Manager, Mahant or Pujari of a temple or other institution, who is recognized as recipient of a hereditary grant-in-aid :-
i) Disclaims or dies.
ii) Is for a continuous
period of 6 months absent from
iii) Is declared an insolvent.
iv) desires to be discharged.
v) refuses to act as Mahant or Pujari or Manager or
vi) become unfit or physically incapable to act a such, accept a position which is inconsistent with the objects or a temple or is found to be guilty or mis-conduct or has been convicted by a original Court or any offence involving moral turpitude or cases to profess the religion or persuasion of the institution of which he is the Pujari, Mahant or Manager.
successor shall be recognized in accordance with the established custom or
procedure by the Devasthan Commissioner in his place".
a) The grant-in-aid will be admissible to the temple and other religious or Charitable Institutions so long as they are open to all classes of public without any restriction or caste or eroad and subject to its utilization for the purpose for which it was originally granted.
b) A utilization
certificate about grant-in-aid paid for the previous year shall be furnished
before the grant for the succeeding year is sanctioned. This certificate shall
i) Inform (s) in respect
of temples and other religious or Charitable Institutions which are in receipt
of a cash grant-in-aid upto Rs. 600/-p.m. and will bear the verification of the
Sarpanch of the Panchayat of the region where the institution is situated or
the Regional Inspector of the Devasthan Department ; or
ii) In Form (B) in respect of all other temples and institutions and will bear the verifications of the Regional Inspector of the Department or of the Tehsildar in whose jurisdiction the institution exists.
c) All temples and other Religious or Charitable Institutions which are in receipt of grant-in-aid about Rs. 600/-p.a. shall be required to keep regular account of all receipt and expenditure in proper form. These accounts will be made available for inspection and audit by a representative of the Devasthan Department when ever so required. A statement of annual receipts and expenditure from April to March next will be submitted to the Devasthan Department by the 30th April next every year.
d) A regular and complete record of all movable and immovable properties including ornaments, Jewelleries gold and silver utensils etc. will be maintained at the temple and such institutions shall be open for inspection by the officers of the Devasthan Department or local Revenue Officer not below the rank of a Tehsildar.
9. STOPPAGE AND REDUCTION : The grant-in-aid shall be liable to be reduced or stopped in case of non-observance of any of the conditions enumerated in Rule No. 8 above or mismanagement of the temple or institution or in case of bad conduct or physical disability of the Mahant or the Pujari.
10. SUPERVISION :
a) The Devasthan Department will generally be responsible to see that proper use of the grant-in-aid given is made.
b) The Assistant Commissioner, Devasthan will inspect the temple and other religious and charitable institutions within his jurisdiction which are in receipt of an annual grant of Rs. 5000/- and above at least twice a year and will satisfy himself that proper arrangements of sewa, puja etc. exist therein. He will send a copy of his inspection note to the Commissioner, Devasthan Department.
c) The Inspector Devasthan will inspect all such temples and other religious charitables institutions at least once a your which are in receipt or an annual grant-in-aid of Rs. 500/- and above within his jurisdiction and will soon that the grant-in-aid given is properly utilised for the purpose it has been granted. Any case or defalcation shall be immediately reported to the Commissioner and Assistant Commissioner, Devasthan Department concerned. All other temple and religious and charitable istitutions will be inspected at loose once in two years.
(d) Physial verification or all movable and immovable properties will be made by the officers or the Devasthan Department at the time of inspection. A certificate to this effect will invariably be given in the register concerned.
11. REVIEW OF SANCTIONS : The Government may order the review of all or any particular sanctioned of grant-in-aid and if decided expedient may issue orders regarding the sanction or revision of the grant-in-aid payable to any temples of religious or charitable institutions.
12. Recipients for payments of the grants : All payments of the grant-in-aid, whether recurring or non-recurring, shall be made through the recognized Mahant, Pujari, Mukhiya, Prabhandak, Manager, Secretary or Trustee of the temples or other religious or charitable institution or trust whoever may be in charge of the management of its affairs, and the recipient will be required to furnish a utilization certificate to the satisfaction of the sanctioning authority in respect of previous grants before subsequent grants are sanctioned.
13. Maintenance of accounts by the recipients of grant-in-aid : The accounts showing utilization of grants and other information shall be kept and maintained by the recipients of grant-in-aid, in the manner and in the form indicated below, in respect of each category :-
exceeding Rs. 2000/-
recipients of the grant shall keep and maintain the following records.
(i) Regular daily cash book.
(ii) Receipt books.
(iii) Vouchers or bills of payments.
(iv) Head-wise budget of income and expenditure.
(v) Budget estimates of income and expenditure.
(vi) Annual Balance Sheet.
(vii) Stock register of ornaments, Jewellary and other valuable
(viii) Stock register of other non-consumable store articles.
(ix) Records of immovable properties.
(x) Register of recovery of rents and fees.
(xi) Register of payments of debts, loans and advances etc.
(xii) Register of investments of reserve fund.
(b) Grant-in-aid below Rs. 2000/- per annum.
The recipients of the grants may keep such accounts as may be convenient to the recipt and utilization of the grants, but including serial number (i) to (iv) and (vii) to (x) of clause i(a).
2. The records kept and maintained by the recipients of the grant under sub-rules (1) shall be open for inspection and audit by officers of the Devasthan Department, not below the rank of an Inspector or any other officer, authorized by the Devasthan Department in this behalf. Further the recipients of grants exceeding Rs. 5000/- per annual shall get their accounts audited by Chartered Accounts auditors approved by the Devasthan Department.
14. Utilization of grants and production of certificates :
2. The recipients of grants of a recurring nature shall furnish an utilization certificate regarding the proper use of the grant of the previous year before, the grant for the next year is sanctioned and within six months of the close of the financial year. In case of grants below Rs. 600/- per annum, a self-explanatory statement of use by the grantee would suffice.
3. The utilization certificate for non-recurring grants shall be furnished by the recipients within six months of the close of the financial year, or utilization of the grant, which ever is earlier.
4. The utilization certificates shall be given on prescribed forms signed by the Mahant, Pujari, Manager, Secretary or working Trustee of the Grantee temples or institutions, as the case may be, duly verified and countersigned by the under mentioned authorities or functionaries, as the case may be :-
that if the total amount exceeds Rs. 20,000/- in any case, the Assistant
Commissioner will personally verify and send the utilization certificate to the
Commissioner for approval and countersignature.
Government of Rajasthan
Governor is pleased to make following amendments in the Rules for the
1. Amendment to Rule 7:-
For the existing sub-rule (C) of Rule 7, the following shall be substituted:-
" (C) Non recurring grant-in-aid will be sanctioned only to temples and institutions which are registered as Public Trust under the provisions of Rajasthan Public Trust Act, 1959 by a committee constituted by the State Government . The said committee shall meet at least once in each financial year and consider the non-recurring grant-in-aid cases received by the Commissioner on or before 30 June of that particular financial year. The grant-in-aid sanctioned under this sub rule will be paid to grantee in two or three installments along with other terms and conditions as decided by the State Government.
Copy forwarded to the:-
1- Director, Printing & Stationery Department, Rajasthan, Jaipur for publication in the Rajasthan Gazette.
2- Superintendent, Government Central Press, Jaipur for publication in the Rajasthan Gazette.
4- All Assistant Commissioner , Devasthan------------------------------
Copy also forwarded for information:-
1- P.S. to Principal Secretary to H.E. Government, Rajasthan, Jaipur.
2- P.S. to Principal Secretary Hon'ble CM, Rajasthan, Jaipur.
4- P.S. to Principal Secretary Finance Department, Rajasthan, Jaipur.
5- P.S. to. Principal Secretary, Devasthan Department, Rajasthan, Jaipur.
6- P.S. to Secretary] Planning Department Rajasthan, Jaipur.
7- Guard File
Dy. Secretary to Government
क्रमांक प.17(12)देंव/79 जयपुर, दिनांक 2.7.07
राज्यपाल, राजस्थान के मंदिरों एंव अन्य धार्मिक तथा पुण्यार्थ संस्थाओं को नकद अनुदान सहायता के नियमों में निम्नलिखित संशोधन करते हैं, अर्थात :-
1. नियम 7 का संशोधन - नियम 7 के विद्यमान उप -नियम (ग) के स्थान पर निम्नलिखित प्रतिस्थापित किया जायेगा, अर्थात :-
‘‘ (ग) अनावर्ती अनुदान सहायता राज्य सरकार द्वारा गठित समिति द्वारा केवल उन्हीं मंदिरों एवं संस्थाओं को मंजूर की जायेगी जो राजस्थान लोक न्यास अधिनियम, 1959 के अधीन लोक न्यास के रूप में रजिस्ट्रीकृत है । उक्त समिति प्रत्येक वित्तीय वर्ष में कम से कम एक बार बैठक करेगी और उस वित्तीय वर्ष विशेष में 30 जून को या उसके पूर्व आयुक्त द्वारा प्राप्त अनावर्ती अनुदान सहायता मामलों पर विचार करेगी । इस उप-नियम के अधीन मंजूर अनुदान सहायता प्राप्तिकर्ता को ऐसे अन्य निबन्धनों और शर्तो के साथ जो राज्य सरकार द्वारा विहित की जाये, दो या तीन किश्तों में संदत्त की जायेगी। ‘‘
उप शासन सचिव,
प्रतिलिपि आवश्यक कार्यवाही हेतु प्रेषित है :-
1. निदेशक, राज्य केन्द्रीय मुद्रणालय, जयपुर को दो प्रति भेजकर लेख है कि राजपत्र के आगामी अंक में प्रकाशित करवाने का श्रम करें ।
2. अधीक्षक, राज0 राज्य केन्द्रीय मुद्रणालय, जयपुर को प्रकाशनार्थ ।
3. आयुक्त देवस्थान विभाग, मीरा मार्ग, पंचवटी, उदयपुर ।
4. समस्त सहायक आयुक्त, देवस्थान विभाग...............................
प्रतिलिपि निम्न को भी सूचनार्थ प्रेषित है :-
1. निजी सचिव, प्रमुख शासन सचिव, महामहिम राज्यपाल महोदय, राजस्थान, जयपुर ।
2. निजी सचिव, प्रमुख सचिव, माननीय मुख्यमंत्री महोदया, राजस्थान, जयपुर ।
3. विशिष्ठ सहायक माननीय राज्यमंत्री महोदया देवस्थान एवं पर्यटन विभाग, राजस्थान ,जयपुर ।
4. निजी सचिव, प्रमुख शासन सचिव, वित्त विभाग, राजस्थान, जयपुर ।
5. निजी सचिव, प्रमुख शासन सचिव, देवस्थान विभाग, राजस्थान, जयपुर ।
6. निजी सचिव, शासन सचिव, आयोजना विभाग, राजस्थान, जयपुर ।
7. रक्षित पत्रावली ।
उप शासन सचिव,
क्रमांक प.17(12)राज-1/देंव/79 जयपुर, दिनांक 2.7.07
राजस्थान के मंदिरों तथा अन्य धार्मिक तथा पुण्यार्थ संस्थाओं, जो राजस्थान लोक न्यास अधिनियम, 1959 में पंजीकृत है, के जीर्णोद्धार एवं विकास हेतु प्राप्त प्रस्तावों पर, नकद अनुदान सहायता नियम, 1958 के नियम 7(सी) में विहित प्रावधानों के अन्तर्गत नकद अनुदान सहायता राशि स्वीकृत करने बाबत निर्णय हेतु निम्न प्रकार राज्य स्तरीय समिति का गठन तुरन्त प्रभाव से किया जाता है :-
उप शासन सचिव
प्रतिलिपि सूचनार्थ एंव आवश्यक कार्यवाही हेतु प्रेषित है :-
1. प्रमुख सचिव, माननीय मुख्यमंत्री महोदया, राजस्थान, जयपुंर ।
2. विशिष्ठ सहायक, माननीय राज्यमंत्री महोदया, देवस्थान एवं पर्यटन विभाग, राज0 जयपुर ।
3. निजी साचिव, मुख्य सचिव महोदय, राजस्थान, जयपूर ।
4. निजी सचिव, अतिरिक्त मुख्य सचिव (इन्फ्रा) राजस्थान जयपुर ।
5. निजी सचिव, प्रमुख शासन सचिव, वित्त एवं आयोजना विभाग, राजस्थान, जयपुर ।
6. निजी सचिव, प्रमुख शासन सचिव, देवस्थान विभाग, राजस्थान, जयपुर ।
7. निजी सचिव,शासन सचिव, आयोजना विभाग, राजस्थान, जयपुर ।
8. आयुक्त, देवस्थान विभाग, उदयुपर ।
9. रक्षित पत्रावली ।
उप शासन सचिव