GOVERNMENT OF RAJASTHAN
No. F. 9(23)Gr-5/2005 Jaipur dated: 12-10-2005
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 27 of the Right to Information Act, 2005 (Central Act No. 22 of 2005), the State Government hereby makes the following rules, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) These rules may be called the Rajasthan Right to Information Rules, 2005.
2. Definitions. - (1) In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,-
(a) “Act” means the Right to Information Act, 2005 (Central Act No. 22
(2) The words and expressions used herein, but not defined, shall have the meaning assigned to them in the Act.
3. Application fee.- A request for obtaining information under sub- section (1) of section 6 shall be accompanied by an application fee of rupees ten by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable to the public authority.
4. Fee for providing information.- (1) For providing information under sub-section(1) of section 7, the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable to the public authority at the following rates:-
(a) rupees two for each page (in A-4 or A-3 size paper) created or copied;
(2) For providing the information under sub-section (5) of section 7, the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable to the public authority at the following rates:-
(a) for information provided in diskette or floppy rupees fifty per diskette or floppy; and
5. Contents of appeal. - An appeal to the Commission shall contain the following information, namely:-
(i) name and address of the appellant;
6. Documents to accompany appeal. - Every appeal made to the Commission shall be accompanied by the following documents, namely:-
(i)attested true copy of the order against which the appeal is being preferred;
7. Procedure in deciding appeal. - In deciding the appeal the Commission shall-
(i) consider oral and written evidence on oath or on affidavit from concerned or interested person;
8. Service of notice by Commission. - Notice to be issued by the Commission may be served in any of the following modes, namely:-
9. Signing of order. - Order of the Commission pronounced in open proceedings shall be in writing and authenticated by the Registrar or any other officer authorized by the Commission for the purpose.
By order of the Governor,
Copy forwarded to the following for information and necessary action :-
Dy. Secretary to the Government